Are you an enthusiastic sewist with the heart of a teacher? We should talk! Our team is always looking for folks who love sewing as much as we do and want to spoil our quilting community alongside us. We are always accepting applications! Right now we have the following positions open.
Quilt Fairy– Part Time. 3-4 days a week.
Love to pet fabric? Have a thing for pretty thread? So do we! You can read more about the position and apply by clicking this link!
Assistant Manager- Retail– Full Time with Benefits
Full Time with medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401K and 401K matching, plus PTO after a year of employment. Hours are Tuesday- Friday from 9-5pm and Saturdays from 9-4pm
Full Time Position with excellent Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Retirement Savings Account, Paid Holidays and Vacation.
Hours are Tuesday through Friday 9-5 and Saturdays from 9:30-4pm. Days off are Sundays and Mondays.
Location: Louisville, Ky- Jeffersontown
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
We are a fast growing company with a strong national following in the quilting industry. The ideal candidate loves details, organization and would love to be surrounded by quilting goodness all while spoiling our incredibly friendly and kind customer base. You are going to LOVE them! You will pet fabric, play with thread, admire spectacular quilts and help us grow our thriving quilt shop. We are a fun, supportive workplace with excellent benefits and a willingness to find ways to help you expand your skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB SUMMARY
- Welcome customers and direct them to desired products. You are the first point of contact and first smiling face they will encounter.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of our products.
- Help customers select fabric and thread for their next amazing project
- Answer customers’ questions about specific products/services both in person and for customers who call in
- Occasionally assist our Lead Quilt Fairy with customers who rent our long arm quilting machines (don’t worry, we will teach you everything).
- Take occasional telephone orders
- Cross-sell products
- Ensure shelves are fully stocked
- Manage returns of merchandise
- Write and Respond to occasional emails from customers and/or forward those requests to the appropriate team member
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting up to 40 lbs, and climbing the occasional ladder.
Ideally you have a background in sewing or quilting already and live within 40 miles of Louisville. A college degree is a plus but not required. There is a reason our company has over 200 five star reviews on Google and Facebook. That reason is our phenomenal team and we want you to be a part of it!
WHAT WE DO
At Quilted Joy we seek to make quilting easier through phenomenal classes, hand curated products, online tutorials and the best quilting machines on the planet. We serve an incredible community of motivated makers who enjoy expressing themselves creatively. Angela Huffman, CEO, international educator, speaker and co-host of Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting national PBS television show leads our team. Quilted Joy was designed to encourage, educate and lift up the quilting community both in Louisville and online through training, a community support system, coaching and special events.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Be a part of something bigger! We nurture and celebrate the makers in our quilting world. The ideal candidate enjoys encouraging others, watching the creative process blossom, love attending to details and are seeking a rewarding opportunity. Is it you? We sure hope so!
HAVING CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE AND A COMFORT LEVEL WITH COMPUTERS IS A DEFINITE PLUS!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We are stacking a team of professional, competent and engaging leaders whose goal is to impact the lives of quilters. You will be trained, encouraged, couched and given opportunities to explore your talents. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply please send an email through our contact page with the phrase, Let’s Grow the Quilted Joy Community!