Have you ever seen a flock of flamingos get spooked? They go every which way and it is a blur of pink feathers and long legs, which is what inspired Angela Huffman in this design! This quilt was featured in the March/April 2022 edition of Love of Quilting magazine. It features a simple piecing method that relies on flippy corners instead of paper piecing. Grab this flamboyant kit and get ready to learn some great techniques while you make a bright, joyful quilt.
The Love of Quilting Flamingo Stampede Quilt Kit highlights the Painter’s Palette Solids collection designed by Paintbrush Studio. It’s 100% cotton and would make a great project quilt! The kit fabric features geometric patterns, triangles, rectangles, and curls all in gorgeous shades of pink, red, grey, and black!
The quilt kit includes an autographed copy from Angela Huffman of Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting magazine where the pattern was published, as well as all of the yardage required to create the quilt top and binding.
The yardage included in the Flamingo Stampede Quilt Kit consists of:
- 2 1/8 Yards Painter’s Palette Solids Carnation Fabric
- 3/4 Yards Painter’s Palette Solids Raspberry Fabric
- 5/8 Yards Painter’s Palette Solids Aluminum Fabric
- 2 Yards Painter’s Palette Solids Rosebud Fabric
- 5/8 Yards Painter’s Palette Solids Silver Fabric
- 2 3/8 Yards Painter’s Palette Solids Petunia Fabric
- 5/8 Yards Painter’s Palette Solids Grey Fabric
- 2 7/8 Yards Painter’s Palette Solids Ebony Fabric
Finished quilt is 76″ x 88″.
Enjoy the journey of making your quilt!
|10 × 11 × 3 in