Essence is a monofilament nylon thread that will vanish before your eyes. Once you sew it in, it will sink into your fabric seemingly disappearing. Use it as a top thread or in your bobbin for a variety of quilting and embroidery applications including machine beadwork. Essence is soft to the hand and very pliable.
Also available in Clear.
Tips and Suggestions for using Essence
- For overall best sewing results, use a cotton ready-wound bobbin from Fil-Tec in conjunction with Essence nylon monofilament top thread.
- Avoid the highest heat setting and quilts containing nylon monofilament thread will emerge from the wash/dry cycle intact. There should be no popped or melted stitches.
- We suggest taking quilted swatches of each thread and see how applied heat affects each thread product.
- Should not use direct contact from an iron when using nylon or even polyester monofilament.
- Thread nets are suggested for creating drag and tension and for reducing the chances of the thread dropping down to the base of the spool while getting “hung-up” or snagged.”