Some blocks bring the party and the Birds In the Air quilt block used in this Play-a-Long pack is no exception. This block has two secrets that I love. The first secret is that by simply rotating the block you’ll get striking looks and utterly different quilts. The second is that you can make this block four at a time!
The votes are in and the “official” layout winner is design #3 (if you aren’t familiar with our design-a-long we have all the details here) but by simply rotating this versatile Birds in the Air block you can create many different designs!
Make sure to join our newsletter so you’re in the loop on this design-a-long journey!
This block pattern is designed for the Quilted Joy Design-a-Long 2022 by Angela Huffman.
The yardage included in the Play-a-Long Pack consists of:
- 1 1/4 yards Painter’s Palette Solids White Fabric Yardage
- 1/2 yard Painter’s Palette Solids Pale Aqua Fabric Yardage
- 1 1/4 yards Painter’s Palette Solids Bright Aqua Fabric Yardage
- 1/2 yard Painter’s Palette Solids Lipstick Fabric Yardage
- Pattern for how to make 48 Birds in the Air Blocks 4 at a time
Finished quilt is 42″x 54″
Finished block is 6″
Design-a-long 2022 This was very interesting and was fun to do! Can't wait until the quilting design is picked so that I can complete this project!!