If you’re struggling to machine quilt gorgeous, curvy serpentine lines, then Squiggy is the ruler you’ve been looking for! The Squiggy Low Shank Machine Quilting Ruler was designed by longarm quilter Angela Walters for Creative Grids.
Because Angela has been machine quilting on a stand up longarm, she knows all the things you need in a good quilting ruler! This ruler has a grip to prevent it from sliding, black and white guide lines you can see on all fabric colors, and it’s the perfect size for ultimate control.
But this ruler isn’t just for longarm quilters! It’s size makes it ideal for quilting on your home sewing machine as well!
Squiggy will help you quilt perfect serpentine lines in your borders and sashings. Check out the video above to see Angela use the Squiggy Low Shank Machine Quilting Ruler.
Squiggy may look different that your normal machine quilting ruler, but trust us, it’s your go-to ruler for machine quilting serpentine lines and wavy designs.
The serpentine line is a curvy design that’s perfect for quilt borders and sashings. It adds beautiful texture and depth to your quilts, but can be difficult to free-motion quilt. Angela Walters, machine quilting teacher and author, designed Squiggy after the realization that this design was one that a majority of quilters struggle with.
The Squiggy Low Shank Machine Quilting Ruler is versatile, allowing you to quilt serpentine lines in 2in and 3in borders as well as quilting them from top to bottom, bottom to top, left to right or right to left. Now you don’t have to spend months trying to learn the design, you can get right to quilting them in your quilts!
- Creative Grids grip helps prevent your ruler from slipping.
- Black and White dashed guide lines which are visible on all fabric colors.
- Double sided to allow you to quilt multiple size borders with the same ruler
- Seam guides helps keep your design straight.
- Stopping points for a continuous quilting design.
- High grade, 1/4in thick acrylic
Use Squiggy for quilting:
- Serpentine lines in both directions in 2in and 3in borders and sashing.
- Overlapping serpentine lines
- Varied Serpentine lines
- Allover ribbons
- Clamshells and more!