In our Quilted Joy Clubhouse, 2021 was the year of the grid. Quilt along with Angela using our Grid Quilting Starter Kit!
Each month during our livestreamed Quilted Joy Clubhouse meetings in 2021, Angela Huffman shared fun grid quilting designs. Grid designs are an extremely versatile category of free motion quilting designs. You’ll find them throughout a quilt in blocks, borders, sashing, and even in wide open negative spaces! Grid quilting designs are also great for beginners because it’s freedom, but with boundaries. The grid will create clearly defined spaces for your free motion quilting that makes it much more manageable.
To get you started with your grid quilting, we’ve created a Grid Quilting Starter Kit! This kit has all the essentials for marking grids on your quilts:
- 1″ Square Grid Stencil
- 1″ Measured Square Grid Stencil
- 2″ Measured Square Grid Stencil
- Quilt Pounce Pad in Ultimate Iron-Off White
- Blue & Purple Dual Purpose Fabric Marker
- Optionally our Deluxe kit comes with the book Making Connections by Dorie Hruska for even more grid quilting inspirations! (only a limited number of kits with the book are available)
Use the stencils, Quilt Pounce, and Marker in the Grid Quilting Starter Kit to mark grids on your quilt. Once you’ve marked your grids, follow along with Angela’s designs from our 2021 Quilted Joy Clubhouse meetings! Not sure how to mark the grids on your quilt? Angela shares some of her advice for marking grids in our January 2021 Quilted Joy Clubhouse meeting. Watch the meeting below to see how it’s done!