Inspired by the dome of the Taj Mahal, the Taj Low Shank ruler is perfect for quilting curvy, pointed arcs on your quilts. This versatile tool can be used in all areas of your quilt, including borders, blocks, and backgrounds. Designed by Angela Walters, machine quilting teacher and author, this tool does double duty!
When quilting curves and arcs, it’s so important to keep your quilting lines symmetrical. But that can be so hard sometimes! It’s so easy for the first arc to be nice and smooth, but the second one is off just a little bit. If this all sounds familiar, it’s time to give the Taj low shank machine quilting ruler a try!
Those elegant pointed arcs will look beautiful on your quilts! You can use both the inside and the outside of Taj Low Shank. Don’t you love a tool that has multiple uses?
Quilt along the outside to create:
- pointed arches in borders or blocks
- overlapping arcs
- rotate your low shank ruler for impressive motifs
Work along the inside to create:
- A leafy allover design
- Leaves in a row for thinner borders
- Rotate to quilt flower-like motifs for blocks
Be sure to come to a complete stop at the tippy top of the ruler to achieve those elegant arcs! You can easily add subtle complexity to your designs with Taj Low Shank! By combining the inside and outside, or alternating directions, you can come up with endless quilting possibilities!
- The Creative Grids Grip prevents the ruler from slipping while quilting.
- Black and white dashed lines are easy to see on all fabric colors.
- This ruler is just the right size for your hands. It’s easy to hold and keep under control, and helps to prevent broken needles and crooked lines.
- Made with 1/8″ thick acrylic and is perfect for sit down sewing machines.